How we raise our puppies
Birth to 3 weeks
- The dams are fed high quality food and Omega 3 fatty acids, which has been shown to increase brain development and trainability in pups.
- Probiotics are started in the first few days to help build a healthy immune system.
- Pups are handled and touched head to toe and shown affection daily.
- Moms are kept in a stress free zone, so they can focus on their puppies.
- Early scent stimulation is started on day 3 and continued while they grow and develop.
- Pups have a flooring surface with good traction to build muscle and coordination while helping reduce future orthopedic problems.
- Toenails are trimmed often to get puppies accustomed to it.
After 3 weeks
- Puppies are transitioned out of the whelping box and into their puppy pen.
- This is the time we start adding things to stimulate a variety of senses.
- Various surfaces, textures are introduced (think puppy playground).
- Ear training begins.
- Potty training begins.
- Puppies are introduced to solid foods.
- New textures are introduced.
- Recalls are started.
- Various noises and sounds are introduced.
- Pups are introduced to bath time and water play.
- Puppies meet and play with other dogs in our pack, both big and small.
- Puppies are introduced to crates, leashes and the dremel.
Temperament assessments are completed and pups are matched to their new homes.
- Genetic Interpretations
- Contracts and Legal Matters
- Matching dogs to homes
- Caring for dogs